Wednesday, August 27, 2008


I'm trying to focus on getting more layouts done. At this rate I'll be caught up several thousand years from now! One of my goals is to get my wedding album done, here is one of the first layouts. This layout was done as a challenge. I was sent 5 things in an envelope that I had to use in a layout. The most challenging item was the tiny, mini puzzle pieces. I used them as the flower centers. Thank you Laurie for the envelope items. I used the masking technique that Scrapperlicious taught me for the title. I used a combination of a gold paint dabber and Ranger Black Soot distress ink to mask the title. The stamping is done using a gold paint dabber. Scrappychicdesigns suggested trying paint dabbers on stamps to me. The picture is of my beautiful bridesmaids, hence the title "Beauty"

Prima Marketing: Pattern paper and whispers; Ranger Ink: Gold paint dabber and Black soot Distress Ink; Queen & Co: Felt Fusion, scrolls; Lil Davis bookplates; Making Memories: Green celery and pearl paint; Fancy Pants Designs Glitter Cuts; 7 Gypsies, acrylic stamps


Michael, Adam and I went to Itasca State Park at the end of July. Opps, almost forgot, Lacy came with too. Brandon and Ryan met up with us later in the week at Crow Wing Lake. It was our first long camping trip with Dakota and all went well.

Standing by the headwaters. Can you believe that is the beginning of the "Mighty Mississippi"

Camping at Crow Wing Lake ~

Boys kayaking